The consumption of fresh vegetables and fruits is highly important since it is often related to low risks of various health diseases and conditions. Although eggplants don’t seem to be the most popular vegetable, they’re still packed with nutrient content including minerals and vitamins such as nasunin, chlorogenic acid and fiber.
Eggplants have been shown by a few studies to help reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease, premature death and obesity, while improving and boosting your overall health.
Down below we have a list of 8 reasons why you should implement eggplants in your daily diet:
- Regular consumption of eggplants prevents blood clots thanks to the flavonoid and vitamin K content.
- If cooked properly (which means never frying them), eggplants can lower your bad cholesterol.
- Eggplants protect the digestive system thanks to their rich fiber content.
- They improve blood circulation and nourish the brain thanks to the phytonutrients.
- Eggplants regulate blood sugar levels and control diabetes.
- Eggplants regulate blood pressure thanks to the flavonoid content.
- They also contain the right amount of calcium and iron as well as other minerals that the body requires.
- Eggplants can help you loss the extra weight as they don’t contain any fat and are rich in fiber.