If you have been following us for some time you know that there is a solution to every problem, whether it is physical, mental or even culinary.
In this article, we are going to present you an incredible trick which will make your life easier. According to experts, eggs between 7 and 10 days old are perfect for cooking and are the easiest to peel. By now you might have noticed that some eggs are easier, and some harder to peel, despite coming from the same box.
We are going to show you a trick that will help you avoid this sort of unpleasant surprises.
Simply add a teaspoon of baking soda while cooking the eggs and you won’t have to worry about unpleasant surprises.
The key point here is that older eggs are more alkaline than fresh eggs, which makes peeling easier, unlike fresh eggs that are less alkaline and there are problems when it comes to removing their shells.
Down below are some tricks you can use for getting perfectly boiled eggs:
- If you are not sure how old the eggs are, put them in some water and observe them. The fresh eggs will sink horizontally, while the older eggs will sink and stand vertically. The ones that stand vertically are best for cooking.
- To prevent your eggs from cracking, be sure to take them out of the fridge and let them sit on room temperature for some time, or let them sit in hot tap water for a few minutes. Sudden temperature change is the most common cause for cracked eggs.
- Put the eggs in some cold water and then boil them, in order to get perfect hard-boiled eggs.
- If you want soft-yolk eggs, dip them in hot water using a tablespoon and let them sit for 3 minutes.
- When cooking eggs, make sure the entire egg is underwater, in order to make sure they are cooked evenly.
- After boiling the eggs, let them sit in some cold water in order to peel them easily.
- If you want an omelet in a shell, shake the egg well before cooking it.