As many know, turmeric is one of the most body-friendly and beneficial health drinks that you can consume that has tons of medicinal properties. It is widely known all around the globe and it has been used in many ancient traditional medicines for treating all sorts of health issues.
In today’s article we are going to show you 20 incredible health benefits from consuming turmeric so hopefully you too will switch to the healthy side of drinks.
- It decelerates the progression and it prevents Alzheimer’s
- It disinfects cuts and burns
- It slows and prevents the progression of multiple sclerosis in animals
- It prevents melanoma and stimulates the destruction of melanoma cells
- It is a strong anti-depressant
- It stops the growth of blood cells in tumours
- It lowers the risk of leukemia
- It is efficient in preventing prostate cancer when mixed with cauliflower
- It helps detoxify the liver
- It prevents the spread of breast cancer to the lungs
- It helps maintain a healthy weight
- It prevents the occurrence of metastases in different forms of cancer
- It has an incredible beneficial effects on multiple myelomas
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that function better than modern some medicines
- It reduces the bad side-effects of paclitaxel which is a chemo drug
- It soothes numerous inflammatory skin conditions
- It acts as a natural painkiller
- It naturally treats arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory nature
- It speeds up the healing process of wounds and helps in remodelling damaged skin
- Numerous studies have provided positive results on its ability to treat pancreatic cancer
A recently conducted research on turmeric and it’s most famous compound curcumin showed some impressive results such as the fact that curcumin delays liver damage that in many cases leads to cirrhosis. And other studies have also confirmed its value for the arthritis treatment. They have proven that a pre-treatment of arthritis with curcumin makes the cancer cells weaker and more vulnerable to radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
A research done by Kansas State University has found that when certain spices are added including turmeric, they help to reduce the heterocyclic amines which are carcinogenic compounds formed when meats get barbecued. And they reduce it up to 40%.
Many epidemiologists also theorise that the large consumption of turmeric curries eaten in India on daily basis might be the real reason why the rate of Alzheimer’s disease in the country is lower than anywhere else!
If the benefits we mentioned above are a good reason for you to start consuming this turmeric tea, then let’s get going!
How to Prepare the Turmeric Tea:
Ingredients you’re going to need:
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Raw Honey
Put the coconut milk along with the honey and the spices in a pot of water heated with low heat. Wait for it to prepare just like a normal tea.
Note: Do not put the water on high heat because it will result in the coconut milk becoming too thick.