Bananas are packed with nutrients and are considered to be the best food fruit. It is packed with nutrients vitamins, minerals and natural sugars such as fructose and sucrose, as well as fibers.
If an apple a day keeps the doctor a way, a banana will keep a whole pharmaceutical company at bay.
The nutritional value of a banana is:
- Calories – 89
- Calories from fat – 3
- Total fat – 0
- Saturated fat – 0
- Trans fat – 0
- Cholesterol – 0
- Sodium – 1 mg
- Protein – 1 g
- Sugar – 12 g
- Vitamin A – 1%
- Calcium – 1%
- Fiber – 3 g
- Carbs – 23 g
- Iron – 1%
Statistically speaking, the banana is one of the most consumed fruits in the USA, even more than oranges and apples. Although many people prefer buying green, bananas with brown spots are far better as they contain TNF.
TNF is a compound which fights bad cells such as cancer.
This promotes cellular communication and treats inflammation, while slowing down tumor growth. The more TNF in a banana, the more antioxidants it has.
Reasons to eat bananas:
- Treats blood pressure and heartburn thanks to their low sodium and high potassium levels.
- They provide a lot of energy thanks to their vitamins, minerals. Eat them before workouts.
- Fights anemia as they’re rich in iron and help make more hemoglobin and red blood cells.
- Fights ulcers as they’re soft, creamy and smooth, which soothes the inside lining and protects the stomach from corrosive materials.
- Bananas are a good neurotransmitter and help produce serotonin levels, meaning that they will lift your mood.
- Treats constipation as they stimulate bowel movement and relieve constipation.
- Relieves PMS problems thanks to its rich vitamin B content that relaxes the nervous system.
- It balances body temperature in both summer and winter.