Adrenal glands play an essential role in the human body since they are small glands which are located on the top of kidneys and regulate the hormone production, including estrogen, testosterone, cortisol, adrenaline, and steroids.
The last two (adrenaline and steroids) are extremely important because they boost the immunity and regulate the blood pressure. They improve the capacity of the body to cope with stress more easily. And as a result, if there is a problem with their secretion, it can cause a lot of health issues.
What Is Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal fatigue is a generic term used for a set of symptoms, such as fatigue, body aches, digestive issues, nervousness, and sleep disorders. This health problem might lead to decreased hormone levels and can influence every body part. If untreated, it might even cause adrenal insufficiency.
The Most Common Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue:
Chronic physical and emotional fatigue
Chronic muscle or body pain
Brittle nails and dry skin
Sudden weight loss or gain
Low blood pressure
Low sex will
So, take a look at the following natural remedy which will improve the function of the adrenal gland eliminate these symptoms:
2/3 cup of walnuts
5 tablespoon of coconut oil
1/3 cup of raisins
2 tablespoons of ginger root
2/3 cup of dried leaves of parsley
4 tablespoons of honey
Put the parsley leaves and walnuts in a blender and blend them. Then, add in the raisins, ginger, coconut oil, and honey and continue blending until reach a smooth mixture.
Consume 2 tablespoons of this remedy on an empty stomach before breakfast, twice a week, in order to improve the adrenal gland function. Moreover, this remedy will improve your sleep quality, enhance your skin and hair, and will boost your energy.
Other Tips on How to Keep Adrenal Glands Healthy:
Drink a lot of water, avoid sugar consumption, cut down on alcohol, reduce caffeine intake, avoid soy, corn, or canola oil, and don’t use the microwave oven.
Consume These Herbs and Supplements:
– Licorice root: It contains triterpenoid saponins, a nutrient that regulates cortisol levels. You can find it in a form of tea or capsules. It will can balance your sugar levels, hormones, and will support the adrenal cortex.
– Holy basil: It regulates corticosterone and decreases cortisol levels, thus supporting adrenal glands.
– Ashwagandha: In Ayurvedic medicine, it was used to fight hormonal imbalance and to reduce stress. It controls the sugar levels in the blood and you can find it in a form of capsules, tea, or tincture.
– Fish oil: It has important fatty acids which prevent adrenal activation when triggered by mental stress. It calms down the central nervous system.
– Magnesium: Being known as a relaxation mineral, magnesium lowers the secretion of cortisol, thus reducing stress.