Castor oil is one of the best-kept secrets for treating health ailments in the world. It is packed with vitamins, minerals, proteins, anti-fungicidal, antibacterial and other beneficial properties and compounds.
Castor oil has been used throughout history as an oral laxative, but today it is mostly used as a topical application. It is a cheap and effective remedy used for a large number of practical applications.
The Many Uses and Benefits of Castor Oil
- Castor oil can thicken and help regrow hair as it is loaded with omega-9 fatty acids which nourish hair and follicles.
- It improves the lymphatic flow through topical application unlike any other remedy.
- Castor oil has anti-inflammatory properties which have been used for reducing inflammation and swelling of tissues and joints.
- It can inhibit the growth of bacteria, yeast and viruses which makes it great for treating yeast infections.
- Treats constipation by promoting regular bowel movement thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Menstrual disorders can also be treated using castor oil, as it relaxes the muscles.
- Castor oil can treat acne thanks to its ricinoleic acid.
- Athlete’s Foot
- Skin Problems
- Dandruff can also be treated by massaging the scalp with castor oil
- It treats skin problems such as infections, bursitis, itching, keratosis, ringworm, warts, sprains and other skin conditions.
Prepare a Castor Oil Pack
Castor oil packs can help treat a large number of health issues such as ovarian cysts, kidney stones, fibroids, swollen joints, menstrual cramps, irritable bowel syndrome and digestive disorders.
Simply soak a few cotton balls in the oil and apply a few layers on the affected area.
The oil packs are usually applied to muscles and joints.
Place a hot water bottle over the pack if you want to boost its effectiveness, and let it sit for one hour, 3 times a week.