There are only a few people in this world who are satisfied with their weight and don’t want to lose any. Despite the great number of diets, the majority of them are not efficient and don’t provide the desired result. So, isn’t it amazing if there is a way to somehow lose weight and not being aware of that? Well, that’s actually possible and in order to realize this idea, you won’t need money. All you have to do is to change some habits. Or, in other words, you will have to walk more. Yes, you heard it right. You can lose weight by walking. But, the question is, how many steps you need to make so to lose weight?
Calories loss while walking depends on 2 factors:
- Walking area
- Body Weight
In order to be more precise, these are the numbers you need to know:
- 1-hour walk with average speed will burn 400 calories.
- Or, in other words: 2000 steps burn 100 calories (which is approximately 1 mile of walking)
- Actually, if you want to lose 1 pound, you will have to burn 3,500 calories.
- The optimal way to lose weight without getting them back is to lose 1 pound in 7 days, meaning that you should burn 500 calories on a daily basis, or 5 miles a day.
It’s so simple, isn’t it? All you have to do is to change some habits.
Take a look at the following useful tips on how to walk even more:
– Walk your kids from home to school
– Don’t use the public transport every day when going to workplace
– Avoid using the elevator. Use the stairs instead.
– Find a distant parking place so you can walk a little bit.
How Often Should We Walk In Order To Lose Weight?
The first three days you should walk from 15 – 20 minutes so you can adapt to your new routine. As soon as you feel ready, increase the time gradually from 30 to even 60 minutes of walking on a daily basis. Science proved that walking is one of the most efficient ways to lose weight. By the time, the walking will become a routine and you will not be even aware of the fact that you lose weight and doing something about it.