The Moringa tree has long been hailed for its incredible natural health properties thanks to its richness in proteins, iron, vitamin C, potassium as well as fats and other nutrients.
The bark, leaves, roots and flowers of the tree have been used for many years as nutritional supplements as well as an additional compound in skin oils, perfumes and cosmetics.
But Moringa’s nutritional profile isn’t the only benefit. There’s an amazing medicinal potential in Moringa as well.
Studies have shown that chemical compounds found in Moringa have demonstrated few beneficial biochemical activities in the body such as boosting the immune system, as well as providing antibacterial, antiviral, tumor-suppressive as well as antioxidant effects.
Here is a closer look of some of the health benefits Moringa provides:
- Moringa is highly rich in fiber and works as a “mop cleanup” for your intestines, cleansing any waste as well as leftovers from greasy diet.
- It is also known to contain strong antibiotic properties that are efficient in eliminating gastritis and gastric-cancer causing bacterium.
- Moringa seed has been shown by many studies to purify water better than conventional synthetic materials that are commonly used these days.
- Moringa leaves are packed with essential minerals, vitamins and amino acids and believe it or not, only 100 grams of dry moringa leaves provide the body with:
– 9 x more protein than yogurt
– 15 x more potassium than bananas
– 10 x more vitamin A than carrots
– 12 x more vitamin C than in oranges
– 17 x more calcium than in milk
– 25 x more iron than in spinach
- The acid present on the Moringa leaves is known as chlorogenic and it has been shown to slow down the absorption process of sugar in the cells.
- Moringa has strong anti-tumor and anti-cancer effects that result in a Moringa have anti-tumor and anti-cancer effects, which is a results from the presence of a compound called niaziminin.
- Helps in regulating the function of the thyroid especially when it comes to hyper-active thyroid problems.
With this said, it is safe to assume that Moringa is an extremely beneficial plant medicine that deserves a special spot in everyone’s home pharmacy. Stay safe!