Chances are you’ve heard of Goya or bitter melon at least once in your life. But although you’ve heard of it, you’ve never really gotten a chance to know about its benefits.
Health benefits of Goya
Goya is a native veggie to the tropical countries and it is usually firm with bumpy surface that covers the flesh. Goya tastes like cucumber with an under-ripened melon and it is widely used around the world for many dishes thanks to its addictive taste but its health benefits as well.
The Goya plant grows in a hot and humid climate and it is most commonly found in Asia and South America.
As we mentioned above, it is widely used in China, India, Asia and the southeastern parts of the U.S thanks to its numerous health benefits. It is packed with vitamin C, B, folate, flavonoids, and powerful antioxidants.
The Goya effects were first discovered by Dr. Frank Shallenberger M.D. Dr. Shallenberger has specialized in anti-aging treatments as well as Alternative Medicine at the Nevada Center of Alternative and Anti-Aging medicine.
He recommends natural remedies for his patients to use as aliments and according to him Goya is so powerful that it inhibits cancer growth.
According to numerous studies only 5% of bitter lemon juice is needed to destroy pancreatic cancer cells, which is where Goya comes in.
Another thing was found that shows Goya can destroy cancer cell lines by 90-97%. According to studies at the University of Colorado, Goya reduces pancreatic tumors by 65% which only confirms Dr. Shallenberger’s research and the power of bitter lemon.
Goya can also be used to treat skin infections, diabetes problems, high blood pressure, asthma, and stomach issues.
To sum it all up, Goya treats:
- Stomach Issues
- Skin Infections
- Diabetes symptoms
If consumed on regular basis, Goya can provide the following health benefits:
- It detoxifies the liver and relieves gout-induced pain
- It improves blood circulation
- It fights off infections and boosts immunity
- It enhances digestion and stimulates food peristalsis
- Goya can cleanse and nourish the liver and can treat a hangover
- It relieves eye issues and improves vision thanks to its richness in beta-carotene
- It relieves fungal infections like ringworms and Athlete’s foot
- It is an excellent source of folate which is why it is commonly used to boost energy levels and stamina
- Its richness in vitamin C makes it a strong natural antioxidant that prevents free radical damage
- It contains B vitamins like Polypeptide-P which is plant insulin that reduces blood sugar and aids the treatment of type-2 diabetes
- It contains vitamins B3, B5, B6 as well as minerals such as zinc, manganese, iron, potassium and magnesium