Millions of people around the world consume avocado for its nutrients, without knowing what lies in its seeds.
The avocado seed is extremely healthy since it includes 65% of the amino acids the fruit contains. It also contains more fiber than any other fruit.
Some Health Benefits of Avocado Seeds:
- The seeds provide the body with strength and energy for the whole day
- They are packed with potent anti-inflammatory properties that prevent numerous diseases such as arthritis and treat conditions such as stomach issues, diarrhea and inflammation
- It fights cancer thanks to its flavonol content
- The avocado seeds are high in collagen therefore they rejuvenate and tighten the skin
- The seeds help the body burn excess fat easier and quicker and they provide a feeling of fullness, thus putting an end to your food cravings
Note for Allergies
Despite its numerous health benefits, you still have to be careful in the consumption of the seeds since some people are allergic to the seeds. There are two types of allergies:
- People with a tree-pollen allergies might experience some local symptoms in their throat and mouth after consuming an avocado
- People with a latex-fruit syndrome can experience stomachache, vomiting and even generalized urticarial that can turn into a life-threatening condition.